After baking a cake in your silicone pan, you’ve washed it, but it still doesn’t feel clean. When this happens, you’ll probably be surprised that you know how to clean silicone bakeware!
It’s probably because you’re not removing that sticky, greasy film that covers the pan after you use it. This makes nonstick practically useless. So, no wonder the muffins come out of the pan without a bottom. No fear! We will tell you how to clean silicone molds efficiently and effectively.
- Why Does Silicone Bakeware Get Dirty So Easily?
- How to Clean Silicone Bakeware | The Best Way with Easy 8 Steps
- How to Clean Silicone Molds: Tips and Tricks
- How to Remove Odor from Silicone bakeware?
Why Does Silicone Bakeware Get Dirty So Easily?
Silicone pans and bakeware have revolutionized how we make cakes and cupcakes at home. But have you noticed that they get worse after each use?
This happens because the silicone is designed to be nonstick. Therefore, it does not absorb oil or fat; They are on the surface. Additionally, oil adheres to silicon. Even after washing, some grease may remain, causing a sticky feeling.
How to Clean Silicone Bakeware | The Best Way with Easy 8 Steps
Gather cleaning products to sanitize silicone utensils: To make your silicone utensils look like new, gather the following cleaning products and supplies:
- Dishwashing liquid soap with degreaser.
- Hot water.
- Non-abrasive pad.
- Microfiber cloth.
- Empty the large sink.
- Rubber gloves.
1. Prepare the Cleaning and Soaking Solution
Fill the large bucket or sink with hot water. Ensure it is hot, as lukewarm water won’t give you the desired effect. Then add a teaspoon of degreasing dish soap and stir until well dispersed in the water. For this, you can use the spoon or your hand, of course, wearing gloves.
2. Add the Silicone to the Solution
Once it is ready, submerge the silicone utensils and let them rest for some time (30 minutes at least). If you can extend the time, it will be better since the degreaser will have more opportunity to act.
3. Start to Rub the Utensils
Take the silicone utensils out of the saturated solution. Add some drops of detergent or dish soap to the non-abrasive sponge and gently scrub each one.
4. Rinse and Repeat If Necessary
Rinse the silicone utensils well with hot water. Once done, proceed to dry with the help of the microfiber cloth. Use your fingers to feel the surface to ensure it’s not oily and sticky during this process. If it still is, the recommendation is to repeat the steps or apply a more aggressive method.
5. Use the Oven
When washing doesn’t seem to work, resort to a little more extreme measures like using the oven. To do this, heat it to 177 degrees Celsius.
Once it has reached the temperature, insert the silicone utensils and leave them in the heat for 10 minutes. This will soften any debris that remains on the pieces.
6. Add Some Baking Soda
Carefully remove the utensils from the oven. Then, moisten them with water and sprinkle baking soda on them. Since they are wet, create a paste with this water and baking soda. Finally, let the baking soda dry, but remember that this process can take several hours.
7. Rub Utensils with Baking Soda
Rinse the utensils with hot water when the bicarbonate is completely dry. And proceed to wash them with soap and water. Use your fingers to feel for sticky or oily areas. And if you still find them, add some baking soda to the sponge and rub the silicone pieces.
8. Rinse Silicone Utensils and Repeat If Necessary
Rinse each of the utensils with hot water. If you do not see any sticky stains, dry with the microfiber cloth. In case you can detect remains, repeat the steps until you finish with the dirt.
If you want to ignore these cleaning issues, go for homemade foil baking cups for baking!
How to Clean Silicone Molds: Tips and Tricks
We will need a little effort to remove the sticky residue from the silicone molds. But it is not that difficult. Are you ready to know the secrets to wash silicone molds? Follow these simple steps:
- Wash silicone baking pans in hot water with a detergent. This will remove most of the fat from the pan.
- Do not dry the silicone molds; they should remain slightly damp.
- When using baking soda and water paste, use a kitchen towel. With gentle movements, rub the baking soda.
- Don’t use an old toothbrush or anything that can scratch the silicone, as this will remove the nonstick coating. While baking soda is technically abrasive, it’s soft enough that it won’t damage bakeware.
- Fill the basin with detergent and hot water, and give the molds a final wash. Make sure you remove all the dried paste well.
How to Remove Odor from Silicone bakeware?
How to remove odor from silicone bakeware? This can be either because they left the factory like that or because they had lousy cleaning habits.
For baking you can use a good quality baking sheet made of ceramic. Not much of a problem to clean them!
Below you will find an answer to removing the bad smell from silicone. We hope you find them helpful:
- Once you have washed and dried the mold, wrap it with newspaper. Leave them like this for a couple of days. The results will be excellent.
- This process requires prior washing with warm soapy water. Once washed, you need to apply the lemon with the baking soda and then put it in the microwave for 5 minutes with the lemon.
- That’s it, that way you’ll get rid of bad smells. These tips have always worked; hopefully, they will work for you too.
Silicone bakeware is really useful for simplifying your life in the kitchen! You will be able to cook cakes, jellies, puddings, cupcakes, mini cakes, pies, and everything that comes to mind! Thanks to these tips on cleaning silicone bakeware, you can cook your recipes at the top.